Areopoli is a village in western Mani of Lakonia Peloponnese. It is historic settlement, which has maintained its independence during the Turkish occupation, home of MAVROMICHALI.
It is the seat of the municipality Oitylou and found preserved by keeping the traditional style of Mani. Older Areopolis community Oitylou province of Laconia included the villages and settlements Dryalos, Kouskouni, Krialianika, Lagokoili and ports.
The population of Areopolis in 1950 numbered 1,380 inhabitants and the whole community then 1,940 inhabitants. According to data from the National Statistical Office in the census of 2011 had 888 inhabitants.